Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Constant Change

When I sat back and recalled how long I have been going along on this weight loss "journey", I realized I have spent almost SIX YEARS weighing, calculating, researching, and desperately trying to lose the unwanted baggage that had become a part of me. Through that time, I had lost some, and gained some more. One step forward, two cupcakes back. Had I actually decided to change the way I was living my life and really put thought into what was going into my body, I would not be sitting here. I wouldn't be writing about just starting my journey, I would be sharing in my success of finally being at a healthy weight and the bliss I felt in everyday.

But no. Here I sit, still considered obese according to a BMI calculator. And regretting the cupcake I had yesterday. Why is this dieting thing so hard? Have I really spent six years trying to do this? I still can't get over that. Many of you may have the same pattern.

1. Join a gym
2. Buy expensive/cute workout clothes
3. Go to the gym for 3 whole days!
4. Have to skip the gym (Game of Thrones is on, how could I miss it?)
5. Avoid even driving by the gym, for fear it can sense your presence and will give you evil death glares for skipping it.
6. Realize you have paying for a gym you don't go to for 3 months and sheepishly cancel your membership

The same can be said for diet plans, weight loss memberships, and anything even closely related to losing weight. Once the honeymoon phase is over, we lose our interest and motivation to continue on our plan. So I have decided I needed to take this literally one day at a time (or one meal at a time if needed), and maintain a log of my daily successes and failures to keep  myself accountable. So thank you reader. You will be my reason to stop staring longingly at the candy stash at work and stick to my hummus and peppers instead. Now don't you feel special? I picked vegetables over a snickers for you. You're welcome.

They say there is nothing as constant as change. I am ready to make the changes needed to become healthy and happy with my appearance. If you are ready for a change too, or just along for the ride; Welcome.

M.Rhodes

No comments:

Post a Comment