Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Beginning

I've been bitten. 

The "Blog Bug" has struck another innocent bystander. Once upon a time, I would just mindlessly flip through numerous blogs; cooking, baking, crafts, how to prepare for a zombie attack. Every now and then you would hear a tiny chuckle escape me as the author writes about everyday life and those random occurrences that seem to happen world wide. I have friends that are creating blogs to track their lives or to support a goal they have. So, I decided, why can't I do this? I type fairly well, I've taken English classes all my life, why not put some of this knowledge to good use? All while trying at some attempt of being entertaining for others. 

If you know me in real life, congratulations. There are only a choice few that I choose to interact with and actually care about. You don't think you are one of this select few? Have no worries, this is not because I am in the state of mind of thinking I am above you and your friendship. It is mostly likely because I am scared of you, or I am just not courageous enough to talk to you. So by all means, if you can't stand my insecurities and think I am just so amazing and you must become my friend, consider this permission. 

I apologize in advance for anything that may upset you, or if you randomly break into uncontrollable laughter in the middle of your workday whilst reading my blog. Then again, considering I have humor only a father can understand (and to whom I credit mine coming from; Thanks Dad), this may not be an issue for you.

This blog is titled Shy Rambler because 1. I am shy. 2. I ramble when I speak. I create words that do not exist (comifatble? I want to be confident AND comfortable..is that so much to ask?). And because this blog is not dedicated to just recipes or pictures or my family history it will essentially be whatever I feel like posting that day. 

For those of you who have stayed with me thus far, thank you. I look forward to rambling on some more in the hopes that someone will notice and find either some method to my madness or at least enjoy my sarcasm and wittiness.

-Melissa (Shy Rambler) 

P.S. I will do my best to post a picture with every blog, it just looks weird without one. And, I will also try to make them original pictures either taken by me or someone I know. 

Advice? I need it. Desperately. Give it to me. Lots of it. 

3 comments:

  1. Ok I am definitely going to read every single one of your blogs!! I love the way you write! its like one of those books that is so good you just don't want to put it down! I love the name of it too! haha I know I do the same thing and I am definitely shy but I am finally starting to come out of my shell haha. Can't wait to read the next blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww thank you SO much! You were totally my blogging inspiration :) and YAY I have a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried commenting yesterday but I guess it didn't work. Just wanted to tell you that I think you're amazing! :)

    XoXo,
    Celfy

    ReplyDelete